Name: Joanne Minzy although I've been called Jann since birth
Address: 205 Jefferson St - residence
PO Box 271 - mailing
- Educator- Woolwich, Edgecomb, Nobleboro - 1968-2007
- Head of Host Program (Customer Service) - Saddleback Mountain - present
- Area Supervisor/ Trainer/ Evaluator: Weight Watchers of Maine-12 years
- Taction: Customer Service - 15 years
- NAEP - Assessment Administrator 2009 -present
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens: Docent -present
- MSAD#40 Substitute Teacher-present
- Brunswick High School
- American International College BS
- Antioch University Graduate School MA
Hobbies and Interests:
- Gardening- vegetable and perennial
- Skiing, kayaking, hiking, ballroom dancing
- Church: variety of boards and committees
- Family: I have four grown children and 12 grandchildren, all of whom live in the Great State of Maine.
- Library: Summer Reading Program- 7 years
Reasons for Serving on the Select Board:
- I raised four children on this little spot by the river. The Medomak was their playground; the community was their extended family. I owe much to my adopted community. I enjoy sharing my energy, experience, and time, and am pleased that I am able to give back some of what I've received.
Goals as a Select Board member:
- I would like to see the Select Board operate as a Governing Board dealing with policy and the future of Waldoboro. I believe overseeing is the appropriate role, not managing. I would love to see the Board take a positive stance in promoting what's good in Waldoboro. We are in a great position (thanks to LCTV) to share our value.