A NEW WEBSITE IS UNDER COSTRUCTION. AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING CONSTRUCTED PORTIONS OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BECOME UNAVAILABLE.
WE WILL STRIVE TO KEEP AS MUCH INFORMATION AVAILABLE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN OFFICE AT 207-832-5369.
IF YOU CALL 911… WILL WE FIND YOU QUICKLY WHEN SECONDS COUNT?
Unmarked or poorly marked addresses are causing response delays by Emergency Responders. Follow these tips to HELP US, HELP YOU when seconds count...
Homes and Businesses
- Address numbers should be large enough to be clearly seen from the road and set on a background of contrasting color. (Preferably illuminated or reflective at night).
- If your address numbers can’t be seen from the road, attach numbers to an additional sign of contrasting color and place close to your driveway entrance so they are easily seen by approaching rescue vehicles. Located them so they are not obstructed by snow in the winter or leaves in the summer.
- Mobile homes and apartments should also be identified with a number.
- If you live on a corner, make sure the house number faces the street named in your address.
- Reflective signs are the best and are available through the Waldoboro Fireman’s Association.
- Do not use your mailbox as the only means of identification for your home or business. Mailbox numbers can be confusing, especially if they are grouped together and there are multiple houses in close proximity.
- Put an additional address sign near your driveway to aid rescuers.
- Mark your mailbox on both sides. Make sure the numbers are in good repair and are of contrasting color that can be easily seen by approaching rescue vehicles.
- Keep clear of snow and ice in the winter.
Reflective Address Markers are available through the Waldoboro Fireman’s Association. Signs are double sided, measure 18” x 6” and have 3” white reflective numbers set on a blue reflective background. Cost is only $20.00 per sign.
The Town Office is carrying recycle bins for your convenience. Just like our compost bins, we will be passing these onto you at COST, if you choose to purchase them. You do not have to be a resident to purchase these.
We are stocking these recycle bins in response to many comments from residents who are looking for an easy way to sort their recyclables at home. Remember… recycling is required at the Transfer Station whether you bring your trash there or have someone else do it for you.
These bins are space saving, stackable (with or without the cover on), and have an easy access front flap which can stay open if desired. Each bin is 24” x 18” x 17”.
Set of 3 bins is $42.00 ‘cash and carry’ while in stock. These bins are in stock for your viewing. Stop into the Town Office or call us (832.5369) for more details.