NEW Town Office Hours Tuesday 8:00am - 6:00pm

How Do I?

How do I request a property check? Call and speak with any Waldoboro Police Officer. The information you will need is as follows: address of property you want checked, the dates you want the property checked , any vehicles left behind, any lights left on, how will you be contacted if there is an issue with your property? Is anyone allowed to be there, if so who?

How do I request reports? Contact any Waldoboro Police Officer for a freedom of information request form. Fill out the form and return it. The request will be reviewed. Not all reports are available to the public. If your request can be released, you will be contacted.

How do I get my accident report? Go to and follow the prompts. You will need your report number and date of the accident. If you are having trouble, or if you don’t know your report number, or lost your report number, contact the Waldoboro Police and an officer will try to assist you.

How do I pay my parking ticket?  You can pay your parking ticket at the Waldoboro Town Office.

Who do I contact to get fingerprinted? Contact the Waldoboro Police Department and speak with any officer to set up an appointment to get fingerprinted. If you require a special fingerprint card please bring it with you.

How do I apply for a concealed carry permit in the State of Maine? Link to the state website

When does the winter parking ban start?


No vehicle shall be parked at any time on a public way so as to interfere with snow removal or street sweeping operations.   No vehicle shall be parked on any street in the Town of Waldoboro between the hours of 12:00 O'clock midnight and 7:00 O'clock A.M. from November 1st until April 1st. This shall not apply to physicians on emergency and professional calls.

When do my studded snow tires have to come off?   
Studded snow tires are prohibited from May 1st to October 1st.

How do I request a special detail or how do I hire and officer?   Contact Chief Lash and ask for a special detail request form.  Along with the form, you should receive a copy of our policy regarding special detail reqessts. 

How do I get a police escort? Police escorts are a service we are willing to provide under “reasonable” circumstances. Every situation is different; however, for escorts that require a significant amount of time, you will need to request a special detail. A significant amount of time would require an officer be pulled off patrol and we can’t reasonable to do that for safety reasons. A significant amount is when an officer is required to be there for more than 45 minutes. These escorts are done at our convenience and due to the nature of the job we can cancel at any time.  Contact Chief Lash to discuss this service.

How do I contact an animal control officer? Animal control is now handled through the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. Contact dispatch at 832-4500 or 832-4000 and request an animal control officer.