Absentee Voting Guide
Absentee voting allows you to cast a ballot without going to a polling place on Election Day. You must request an absentee ballot in order to receive one. To request a ballot, please log on to the Secretary of State's absentee ballot request service https://apps.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/index.pl or call our office at 832-5369 and press 5.
- Complete an absentee ballot application to get a ballot; then
- Fill out and deliver the ballot back to the municipal clerk by mail, or using the red drop box at the entrance to the Town Office, 1600 Atlantic Highway, Waldoboro.
Absentee ballots may be requested beginning 3 months before Election Day. Make your request early to allow enough time for the ballot to be mailed to you.
- You can make a telephone request for your ballot by calling 832-5369 and pressing 5.
- You can also make a written request by completing an absentee ballot application.
- Additionally, you can obtain a ballot for an immediate family member in the same ways. A ballot will be mailed to the voter directly or to an immediate family member making the request. NOTE: Ballots obtained by the voter or an immediate family member do not require witnesses, unless the voter receives assistance from another person in reading or marking the ballot.
Yes. You may vote absentee at the clerk's office as soon as absentee ballots are available. Absentee ballots are available 30 to 45 days before the election at the municipal clerk's office. You don't need to complete an application if you vote in person at the clerk's office. PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC VOTING ABSENTEE BALLOTS IN PERSON MAY REQUIRE AN APPOINTMENT DEPENDING ON EXISITING CONDITIONS AT THE TIME BALLOTS BECOME AVAILABLE.
To be counted, voted absentee ballots must be received by the municipal clerk by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.