Reflective Address Markers
Unmarked or poorly marked addresses are causing response delays by Emergency Responders. Follow these tips to HELP US, HELP YOU when seconds count...
Homes and Businesses
- Address numbers should be large enough to be clearly seen from the road and set on a background of contrasting color. (Preferably illuminated or reflective at night).
- If your address numbers can’t be seen from the road, attach numbers to an additional sign of contrasting color and place close to your driveway entrance so they are easily seen by approaching rescue vehicles. Located them so they are not obstructed by snow in the winter or leaves in the summer.
- Mobile homes and apartments should also be identified with a number.
- If you live on a corner, make sure the house number faces the street named in your address.
- Reflective signs are the best and are available through the Waldoboro Fireman’s Association.
- Do not use your mailbox as the only means of identification for your home or business. Mailbox numbers can be confusing, especially if they are grouped together and there are multiple houses in close proximity.
- Put an additional address sign near your driveway to aid rescuers.
- Mark your mailbox on both sides. Make sure the numbers are in good repair and are of contrasting color that can be easily seen by approaching rescue vehicles.
- Keep clear of snow and ice in the winter.
Reflective Address Markers are available through the Waldoboro Fireman’s Association. Signs are double sided, measure 18” x 6” and have 3” white reflective numbers set on a blue reflective background. Cost is only $20.00 per sign.
Click HERE for an order form.